Friday, August 24, 2012

Reunion Week

                        Alex Lifeson, Rush 1981
Music of the damned;
Hemispheres - Rush 
Trilogy - Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Please Don't Touch - Steve Hackett
Warner Bros. Demos, Oct. 1977- Van Halen
Greatest Hits - Stevie Ray Vaughn
The Music of Genesis - David Palmer and The London Symphony Orchestra
About Face live, 1984 - David Gilmour


16:48

It's raining. Hope the Bluefish game isn't rained out. 

Viernes

0:57

They won. It's alwaby liys fun going to games with Mum. The beat the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs and are 2½ games out of a playoff spot.

Tomorrow begins Reunion Week. Fri. thru Sun. I'll see Carolyn (Long Island, NY). Then Tues thru Thurs I'll see Sarah (South Portland, Maine). A week of seeing Madrid friends. All told, it will be a 660 mile (1,062k) excursion. I've only driven about 170m (274k) since I got home, so it'll be good to open up the Toyota's engine after 2 year of dormancy. I should be able to haul ass up to Maine and back.

I am reading The Ninth Life of Louis Drax by Liz Jensen which is utterly fucked up about a boy who has eight horrible accidents but always survives. The eighth one he returned from the dead. And now, after the ninth one, he is in a coma. It's bizarre and mad. He's in a coma because his father pushed him into a ravine because he was eating sweets and his head bounced off of the side of the ravine as he fell, Homer Simpson style.   

I can only admire a woman writer who is sicker than I am. I loved her book, The Rapture. I'd give it five stars. But this one took a while to get into. Anyway, I can't recommend The Rapture enough. 

2:21

Seems i can only sleep between 3:00 and 1o:00 these days. I'm not sure what's wrong with me. Plenty, probably.

11:06

Mum's out. Time to test out her new computer speakers with the classic Rush DVD: Exit Stage Left..., via Youtube. Let there be Rush! When I saw this in 1982 it changed my life forever.

this was one of the comments:

hell yea man, thank you for this!..It's people like you that upload on youtube that makes my life better. Smoking a bong hit to this after work. Very much appreciated brother. 

Ha! P is for priceless.





No comments:

Post a Comment