Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back to the drawing board





And if the bottle's no solution
Why does it feel so warm
And if looking back is no solution
Why are we all just children inside
And if to feel is no solution
Why does the whole damn world feel so broken
So outside and out-of-sorts

-Marillion

SABADO
Tonight; I am meeting Pat and Laura for Pizza for Connor's 9th Bday party. Then out to Newtown.

Manana; watch part of one of the kid's football games and then back to Ansonia. Then off to New Haven around 16:00 to watch The debut of the Russel Wilson era as the Seahawks take on Arizona. Football is back baby!

MARTES
The Seahawks but Mum and i had a great time.

Things fell apart at University of New Haven. I can only assume that the academic director does not know her ass from her elbow.

FRI > i asked if i could work in the morning only because i had another job from 14:30 - 16:30. She me back and discouraged me because she said she needed me to teach afternoons and could ramp me up to full time during the initial 3 months.

MON> i went to training, got my faculty ID and parking pass. My trainer said they normally have 30 students on testing day and that they had 78, so there would be lots of work.

I got a call at 16:20 and the AD told me she had no class for me this month, and that i should contact her at the end of Sept for classes on Oct. She said she had 20 less students than she thought. So i called her bluff and said that Shannon had said that had 78 entrants taking tests when the norm is 30. She it was still 20 less than she expected. SO she was lying. Don't know why. Don't care. SO i have an interview manana in Stamford with the owner of the other co, EduBoston, that i otherwise wouldn't have had. SO i should be working for them by Sept. 24th.

So very disappointing and unprofessional, and just down right bizarre, but i don't want to work for an organization that's such an unbridled mess. Sadly, I have found very few organizations in the past 5 weeks that have their shit together. It's a lot like, dare i say it... Spain.

"God help us, every one."

EDITORS NOTE: God may or may not exist, with exception of Kansas, where HE absolutely exists.


When I meet God
I'm going to ask her
What makes her cry
What makes her laugh
Is she just stars and indigo gas
Does she know why
Love has no end
But it's dark-angel friend
Tearing women and men
Slowly apart

-Marillion

No comments:

Post a Comment