Thursday, July 4, 2013

The American Dream

4th of July! My 1st in the USA in 7 years! And how am i spending it? I am spending it applying to an ESL teaching job in Dubai.

I lost my job at working familes, which i had known would happen. Raising $600 a week by going door to door is impossible. And I have been looking for jobs for a year now. So, if I can get a good paying job in Dubai, maybe i'll take it. Give up booze and women for a year and write another novel. Walk into the desert for 40 days and be tempted by the Devil (which is probably the ONLY way to have fun over there.) The middle class is dying on the vine here, and i'll be damned if i'll die with it. I have to do a Skype interview and i'll ask lots of questions. I have nothing to lose and a job to gain. 

Either way, life goes on. I have to do something, and I've had just about enough of the waiting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment