Monday, July 15, 2013

Back to the Drawing Board

You may ask yourself, how do I work this? 
You may ask yourself, where is that large automobile? 
You may tell yourself, this is not my beautiful house 
You may tell yourself, this is not my beautiful wife

-Talking Heads 

And so the die is cast. After 11 months of looking for a job in the USA - any job; Target, Subway, Lowe's, waiter/bartender, customer service - I give up. I just sent my CV for a teaching job in S. Korea. May the god i don't believe in have mercy on my soul.

Jobs are flying out of CT faster than bats out of Hell's basement (where Hitler, Genghis Khan, Oliver Cromwell and Ronald Reagan play Texas Hold'em.) I a masters degree and I can't get a job making sandwiches. I have tried to repatriate. I have tried to make a go of it here. But there is truly nothing for me. So to quote Jimi Hendrix, Good-bye everybody!


I was brought up to believe
Belief has failed me now
The bright glow of optimism
Abandoned me somehow
-Rush

No comments:

Post a Comment