Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Past, Present and Future

April 23rd. Pat O'Neill's Bday. I still remember him so clearly. It was a different era of our lives. It seems like a different lifetime. But Kev and Smith and I are still good friends. Like brothers, the both of them are to me. The four of us lived togther in an FU townhouse in 1988 - 1989. That was 25 years ago. NONE of us were even 25 yet. I was 20.


Back to the Present; the Mets have been a pleasant surprise. Mel, Jan and I had a great time at Citifield on Sunday to see them play the Nationals. It was a great game.

And the Washington Caps have won the Southeast Division and will be the 3rd seed in the playoffs. Luckily for all of us, that division is going the way of the dodo next year. The league will be in 4 divisions, possibly with new names.  A divison with the Caps, Carolina and two FLA teams was always an idiotic idea. Washington will go back to being in a divison with the NY and PA teams, the way they were when I first moved to DC. The former Southest Div. will send two teams each to one of the new Eastern divisions.



So there you have it; the past, present and future.

No comments:

Post a Comment